Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pipe Dreams - Keystone Or?



At this hour I am confronted by a headline in the New York Times telling me the "happy news" that maybe the pipes shown in the picture under the headline can soon be put in the ground as part of the Keystone pipeline.

URL http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/us/politics/report-may-ease-way-to-approval-of-keystone-pipeline.html?hp&_r=0

I have submitted a comment (there are already 379) referring Times readers to my blog post of one year ago - 15 February 2013 - which shows a better kind of pipeline that could be laid. This kind of pipeline is bringing my home the hot water that silently and fumelessly is keeping me warm.

Since the New York Times refuses - long experience, I assure you - to show its readers pictures of such pipelines I copy two from the post of one year ago. These pictures are to suggest that there is more than one kind of pipeline laying that could provide employment in America.

 
Distance heating pipeline being laid in Linköping, February 2013
Link to 2013-02-15
http://only-neverinsweden.blogspot.com/2013/02/fjarrvarme-distance-heating-phase-iii.html
and
http://only-neverinsweden.blogspot.com/2013/02/fjarrvarme-distance-heating-phase-ii.html

As I have written in more than one comment in the Times, after many years of living with this system as the means of heating my home I would never want to live in a home heated by oil or natural gas - never.






Connection to the system that lies under the entire city 

No comments:

Post a Comment